Are you confused about what you should opt after completing 10th class?
If you are feeling pressure from your parents, teachers or friends for opting another stream?
If getting relatively lesser marks in 10th class forces you to opt Arts stream?
Do you special affiliation with creativity and language subjects?
Are you such students who feel science is too tough or commerce is too dull for you?
If any of the above questions relate to you then you should seriously consider opting Arts stream after 10th Class. Through this article, you will learn the benefits of taking Arts stream after 10th Class, Career opportunity in Arts stream, subjects of Arts stream, etc.
Who should take Arts Stream after 10th Class?
- Such students, interested in subjects like Geography, History, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Philosophy.
- If someone has a full-time hobby to pursue after completing their studies like Acting, Dancing, Singing, etc. because choosing the Arts stream will bear less pressure of studies compared to science and commerce stream.
What skills you should have to make a career in Arts Stream?
- If you are opting for the Arts stream, then you should have good communication skills, it will help you a lot.
- You should accept new thoughts, ideas regularly.
- You should have a creative mind.
If you have got above skills set and interests then the Arts stream is a right stream for you!
Boards/Institutions available in India for Arts Stream
Once you have made up your mind to choose the Arts stream after 10th class. You should know which boards/institutions offer Arts stream?
There are four boards available in India, offer Arts stream. You can choose to study from any board, each board has its difficulty level and study curriculum.
- IB (International Baccalaureate)
IB Board is considered as the most difficult board in India. IB Board has got the most challenging study curriculum in India which focuses not only on theoretical learning and memory but strongly associates practical knowledge aspects to it.
- ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education)
ICSE board is tougher than CBSE and many state boards. ICSE Board syllabus covers a detailed study of all the subjects. It aims to build analytical and practical bend of mind rather than theoretical.
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)
CBSE board is most popular in India. You must have heard about it before because of its popularity. CBSE board functions under the Union Government of India. The difficulty level is moderate. The biggest advantage with the CBSE board, you can find it quite easily in any corner of the country.
- State Boards
Each State has got their state boards for students. State boards are run under respective State Governments. Education offered in-state boards are mostly in their regional languages with English as one of the subjects.
Subjects Offered in Arts Stream
There are a vast number of subjects are offered in Arts Stream. Students have to choose subjects as per their interest and career perspective.
Core subjects choices for students
- Political Science
Other subjects are optional subjects which you can pick depending upon the availability in a particular school, school board, etc.
Optional Subjects Choices
- Informatics Practices
- Home Science
- Physical Education
- Fine Arts
- Public Administration
Benefits of Studying Arts
- Studying Arts or Humanities helps you develop powers of analysis and expression.
- Studying Arts Stream subjects develop good communication skills, logical reasoning, and analytical ability.
- Arts stream students study a wide range of subjects which open up their job and career opportunities in various fields.
- Most of the subjects included in the Civil Services Exam will help you to prepare in advance.
- Choosing the Arts stream will provide enough time and opportunity to participate and develop your full-time hobbies such as Singing, Dancing, etc.
Curses to pursue after 12th Arts Stream
There are a number of courses available for Arts Stream students to pursue.
- B.Ed, Bachelor in Education (Teacher Training)
- Hotel Management Course
- BA, Bachelors of Arts
- BBA, Bachelors in Business Administration
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- BFA, Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Event Management
- Law Course
- Graphic Designing
- Fashion Designing
Career Opportunity in Arts Stream
Any students study in a particular course or stream to get a secured job. Surprisingly Arts stream provides a wide array of career opportunities after completing their studies.
Some of the popular and proven career opportunities are:
- Management Professional
- Government Employee
- Civil Servant
Is it true that only weak students in academics choose Arts/Humanities stream?
There’s a misconception regarding the Arts stream among Indian students and parents. Many of them think that the arts stream is only taken by students who are weak in their studies. This is not correct.
There are many difficult subjects in the Arts stream too. Most of the subjects available in the Arts stream will help to prepare for Civil Services Exam as well. You can build a promising after pursuing further studies in Arts Stream.