Hello Students! If you are interested to know about the most popular graduation course done by Indian students then read further. Bachelor of Arts or popularly called as B.A is the most common course opted by more than 95 lakh students in India each year.
Through this article, we will cover the complete information of Bachelor of Arts Course Details, Eligibility, Admission Process, Various subjects.
B. A is the three-year graduation course done in the different subjects of arts that come under humanities.
Bachelor of Arts provides you with the opportunity to study different subjects of arts such as Political Science, History, Philosophy, Psychology, English, etc. You can opt for a subject from available options as per your interest.
You can pursue a B.A course both in Regular and Distance Mode.
Bachelor of Arts Course Highlights
- This course is a Graduation level course.
- Course Duration for this course is 3 years.
- Eligibility to take admission in B.A Course is of 10+2 or Intermediate from any Recognized Board or University.
- Admission Process depends on the colleges, some take direct admission based on inter marks while some colleges conduct interviews and merit list for admission.
- Course Fee for B.A Degree is variable in different colleges from 6 thousand per year to 60 thousand per year.
- Exam Mode: Most of the colleges conduct Yearly exam while some colleges have semester wise curriculum.
- Placement Opportunity: You can get placement after completing B A in different sectors such as Banks, Journalism, Government Jobs, Colleges, Schools, etc.
- Job Profile: Potential job profile will be a Journalist, Government Employee, Publisher, Writer, Teacher, Professor, etc.
Motivational Point: Most of the students crack the UPSC Exam from Arts background. So never lose sight!
Eligibility Criteria for BA course
- A candidate should have completed their 10+2 or Intermediate from Recognized Board or University.
Let’s suppose if you have completed your 10+2 or intermediate then you are eligible for taking admission in BA Course.
Note: Usually you get admission in BA Course after getting a pass in 10+2 but some top colleges ask for good marks in intermediate So if you want to take admission in top colleges you should score higher in intermediate.
Bachelor of Arts Courses Specialization (Subjects)
In India, the Bachelor of Arts course is available to study under various specialization and subjects. Some of the popular specializations are:
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Home Science
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Hindi
- Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit
- Bachelor of Arts in other regional languages
Duration of B A Course
The course duration of the Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree is for three years.
Most of the colleges will conduct annual exams i.e once in a year so during these three years, of course, you have to write 3 annual exams.
Although practical and theory exams will be conducted separately.
Note: Few colleges are there who conducts semester wise exam too.
BA course Fee Structure
If you want to study for a Bachelor of Arts or BA course then you should not worry about the course fee. Usually, the course fee for Bachelor of Arts of BA courses is very nominal.
Many Government Colleges take very little fee while some private colleges charge from 1000 per year to 50000 per year.
The admission process for the Bachelor of Arts course is also very easy, you get direct admission on the basis of your 10+2 or Intermediate Mark Sheet.
You will have to fill up the application form released by various colleges and universities on their official website.
There are two ways through which you can take admission into the BA Course.
- Merit: Colleges invites applications from interested candidates. After collecting application form they release Cur Off list for various courses and specialization. If you have scored within that criteria then you are eligible to take admission in that program.
- Entrance Exam: Some Colleges conduct Entrance Exams for Admission. Some of the Entrance Exams are BHU, DUET, NPAT, JNUEE, etc. Marks obtained in the entrance exam are considered for getting admission.
Top Colleges for BA course (Regular)
If you are interested in taking admission in the BA Regular course then you should know the top colleges for BA Course in India. These colleges are renowned for producing excellent alumni.
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Shri Ram Colleges of Commerce, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- ST. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Shri Venkateshwara College, New Delhi
- Gargi College, New Delhi
State Level University also offer Admission in Bachelor in Arts ( Graduation Course). Among all university Some of them taking Entrance Exam and some of University offers admission on the Merit base of Intermediate ( 12th Class)
Top Colleges for BA course (Distance)
Such students who can’t continue their study in regular mode. They can pursue a B.A course in Distance Mode. Some of the Top Colleges (University) offer B. A courses in the different specialization are:
- University of Madaras
- Punjab University
- Delhi School of Open Learning
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Tamil Nadu State Open University
- Madurai Kamraj University
Important Tip for students of This course
If you are pursuing or want to pursue a Bachelor of Art Course is suggested to do some computer-related certification courses during their course.
Knowledge of Computers will helps in getting a good job.
Some Popular Frequently Asked Questions: Bachelor of Arts
What are the major of Bachelor of Arts?
Some of the best Bachelor of Arts Major for better job prospect:
- Interior Design
- Liberal arts and sciences
- Political science
- Visual and Performing Arts
Which subject is best for B.A?
following are the best subjects according to a bright job prospect:
- Political Science
- Interior designing
Is it true that only weak students study with an arts subject?
Most prevalent misconception about the BA course, that only those students who are weak in studies should opt for the BA course. That is not true at all.
Any student who has an interest in Public Administration, History, Writing, Journalism, etc. should pursue B.A Course.
Just as a wrong assumption has been made in our system that students who are weak in studies, study with arts subjects, which is not right at all.
If anyone thinks that there are fewer chances of progressing in a career than studying with arts subject then it is absolutely wrong.
Students should choose their subject according to their interest and not according to the perception of society
You can also see many successful people around you who have studied with the subject of the art, and today are very successful.
Are Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts program the same?
Bachelor of Arts programs is sometimes confused with Bachelor of Fine Arts programs, which include fine arts majors such as dance, theater, painting, sculpture, and acting.
Hence Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Fine Arts program are not the same.