We are living in an IT-driven world, where the world is changing rapidly with automation and digital presence day by day.
As today’s world is of computer and technology, it creates an opportunity for more people to work. Scope and Opportunity are on the rise for students of computer science. Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is one such course in the computer science field which is becoming popular day by day among students.
Bachelors in Computer Application is an undergraduate 3-year degree course in computer application.
BCA course is an alternative to popular B.E or B.Tech course. With the tremendous growth of the IT sector, lots of career opportunities can be grabbed after completing BCA.
BCA Course Overview:
Bachelors in Computer Application is an undergraduate program in Computer Application. The main focus of this course on computer application concepts.
The duration of BCA course is of 3 years which is divided into 6 semesters. Each semester comes up with a blend of programming languages like C, C++, Java, etc. and other important computer-based theoretical concepts like Operating System, Database concepts.
If you want to take admission into the BCA course then you should have Mathematics as a subject in class 12th (Intermediate). The background of computer science subjects will definitely help during the BCA course.
BCA Course Eligibility Criteria
Now, before you consider taking admission into the BCA course, you should check whether you are eligible to do this course or not.
- You should clear 10+2 Examination from a recognized board of education in any stream.
- You should have a minimum of 50% at 10+2 level (Intermediate) examination with English as one of the main subjects.
- Various colleges prefer students from the Science stream with having Mathematics and Computer science at 10+2 Levels.
NOTE: If you want to know more about your eligibility for the BCA course then comment us below.
BCA Admission Process in Detail
There are mainly two ways to get admission into the BCA Undergraduate Degree courses.
1. Merit-Based Admission
Some Colleges and Universities provide merit-based admission.
- Through this process, you can directly contact colleges and filling out their application form.
- After submission of the application form, the college authority will release Merit List based on the performances at 10+2 level.
- If your name is confirmed, you will have to pay the course fees to secure your seat before the deadline.
What if I got lesser marks in my 12th Class (Intermediate)?
In that case, you should prepare for alternative ways to get admission i.e to prepare for Entrance Exams.
Most of the universities conduct Entrance Examination for enrolling students for BCA Degree Course.
2. Entrance Exam
Most of the Universities consider performances of entrance exams and interviews conducted as main criteria of eligibility for taking admission.
Fact: High Valuable University/College offering BCA Admission on Entrance Base, Specially Government Colleges. Some of the Polytechnic Institute also offer Admission in BCA.
What is the procedure to apply for the BCA Entrance Examination?
- You can apply for the various BCA Entrance Examination by filling out the application form.
- Once you fill out the entrance exam application form, appear for the examination on the scheduled entrance exam date.
- After Securing a good rank. Through Counselling, you will be allotted a college based on your choices filled and performance of entrance examination.
- Respective University or College will ask you to come with 10+2 Class Marksheet with Entrance Examination Rank Card and Counselling Participation Paper to pay the course fees and secure your seat.
How will I know which University Offers BCA Course Admission through Entrance Examination?
We understand, most of the students get confused.
If you are not aware of various BCA Undergraduate Entrance Examination then you shouldn’t worry.
Some of the popular universities conduct BCA Entrance Examinations are:
- IPU (CET): Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test, is popular among Delhi students. An entrance examination is organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. You can submit the application form online before the last date.
- KIITEE: Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University
- Symbiosis International: It is conducted by Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research. They offer various courses such as BCA, BBA, MBA, etc.
- AIMA (UGAT):
Note: We will update you about all the above Entrance Exams Detail on this page. Still, if you want to have a specific question then feel free to comment us below.
Top BCA Colleges (Regular)
If you are considering to take admission into the BCA course, then you should know the top BCA Colleges to choose from in India. After all, doing the BCA course is motivated by getting good technical knowledge along with great job opportunities after BCA. Top BCA colleges will give you sufficient opportunity to shape your professional life.
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Presidency College, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research, Pune
- Amity Institute of Information Technology, U.P
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai
- DAV College, Punjab
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
BCA Entrance Examination
BCA Entrance Examinations conducted by various universities differ in their pattern and syllabus but BCA Entrance Exam Paper can be divided into different sections which are uniform throughout.
- Logical Ability & Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Mathematics (Intermediate Level)
- General English Language (Comprehension, Grammar, etc.)
- General Knowledge (General Science, Geography, Current Affairs)
- Computer Science (General Computer-Related Concepts)
Students should prepare well for these sections to score good marks in the entrance exams.
BCA Course Syllabus Details (Semester-Wise)
BCA course provides you an opportunity to study not only computer-based theoretical subjects but also computer application. Students will get sufficient knowledge about Database, Operating System, Networking along with programming languages.
BCA course is designed in such a way where students get the knowledge that helps in getting a job in IT or Computer related fields.
- Introduction to C Programming
- Basics of Digital Electronics
- Fundamental of Information Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Mathematics in Computer Applications
- English – I
- Advance Concept in C Programming
- Computer Hardware and Trouble Shooting
- Organizational Behaviour
- System Analysis and Design
- Graph Theory
- Values and Ethics
- Computer Organization
- Operating System
- Web and its application
- Principles of Data Structure
- English – II
- Introduction to Linux
- Basics of Computer Network
- Database Management System
- Web Designing
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Communication Practices
- Object-Oriented Design Using Java
- Net Framework
- Essentials of Digital Marketing
- Computer Graphics
- Introduction of PHP
- Advance Java
- Information Security
- Multimedia and Animation
Various Specialization After BCA
BCA Course offers an opportunity to make specialize in any one area which you want. This specialization will decide the career path after BCA.
There is a list of specializations you can opt for after completing BCA.
- Computer Graphics
- Programming Languages
- Cyber Law
- Database Management
- Music and Video Processing
- Systems Analysis
- Internet Technologies
- Software Testing
- Personal Information Management
Career Or Jobs Opportunities After BCA Degree
1. Software Developer
If you have a passion for developing new software, an MCA degree would be the right career move for you. You will get enough exposure to various platforms and programming languages to hone this skill.
Top Companies for Software Developer are
- Procore Technologies.
- Ultimate Software.
- Delta Air Lines.
2. Hardware Engineer
Hardware is just as important as software. The reality is that hardware engineers find jobs much quicker as there is a dearth of hardware engineers. Hardware Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware such as Keyword, circuit board, computer chips, etc.
Top Companies for Hardware Engineer are:
- Tech Mahindra
3. Software Consultant
Once you have some industry experience you can become a software consultant as well. A software consultant earns a much higher salary than a software developer. Generally, A Software consultant advises clients on how to configure large applications, write code, or fix bugs.
Top Companies for Software Consultant are:
4. Computer System Analyst
A Computer System Analyst brings business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
Top Companies for Computer System Analyst are:
- Lockheed Martin
- Avani Technology Solutions
- Zensar Technologies
- Northrop Grumman
- Pacific Gas and Electric
- Stanford University
- Southern Company
5.Web Designer and Developer
You stumble on to any website that looks so attractive and engaging. If that excites you then you can become a Web Designer and Developer. Web Designer works for the design, layout, and coding of a website. They are involved with the technical and graphical aspects of a website
Top companies for Web Designer and Developer are:
- Unified Infotech
- Momentum Design Lab
- 3 Media Web
- Lounge Lizard
- UX Studio
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Full Form of BCA?
The Full Form of BCA is Bachelor in Computer Application.
What is the course duration of BCA Course?
The duration of BCA is the course is of 3 years. It is divided into 6 semesters (Semester wise)
What is the level of the BCA Course?
BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application) is the undergraduate level degree course.
What is the eligibility of the BCA Course?
If you want to take admission into the BCA course then you should have passed 12th (Intermediate) with mathematics as one of the main subjects.
You should have scored at least 50% marks in English (It is mandatory in some universities)
How can I take admission into BCA Undergraduate Degree?
You can take admission in BCA course by appearing in the university entrance examination. You will be selected on a merit basis.
Some university/College enrolls students based on the performance in class 12th level.
What is the pattern of the BCA Course Entrance Examination?
BCA course Entrance Examination Paper will consist of four sections i.e Mathematics, English Language & Comprehension, Reasoning (Verbal and Non-Verbal), General Knowledge and Computer Concepts & Information Technology.
What is the structure of the BCA Course?
BCA course is divided into 6 semesters. Exams will be conducted on a semester basis.
How much do I need to pay as a course fee for BCA?
If you got selected in Government College then it will cost you just 15,000 to 30,000 per year. While for private colleges it will cost you around 30,000 to 60,000 for each year.
How much starting salary is offered after completing BCA?
BCA course is one such undergraduate degree course where you get exposure to computer application and computer-based concepts. There are lots of top companies looking for a fresh young mind.
You can get between 2.5 Lakh per annum to 4.8 Lakh per annum.
What can I do after BCA?
If you are not sure about doing a job right after BCA then you have lots of options to pick such as
- You can pursue Masters in Computer Application (MCA) right after BCA.
- You can enroll for a Masters degree in MSc(IT)
- Prepare for CAT, MBA in IT Management
- You can prepare for various Government Jobs after completing BCA.