JEE Main Entrance Exam is a top level entrance exam in the country conducted every year for taking admission in various top engineering colleges for B.Tech and B.Arch course. This entrance exam allows studying in various colleges such as IITs, NITs etc. NTA conducts JEE Exam for letting eligible candidates take admission in the college. Candidates who get selected for JEE Exam, eligible to take admission in such colleges.
It is important to know the eligibility before applying for JEE Main Exams. Please read further to know all the important information such as Age, Education Qualification, percentile needed.
JEE 2019 All Update NTA Dates
|On-line submission of Application Form||08.02.2019 to 07.03.2019( Upto 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful transaction of fee||08.02.2019 to 08.03.2019|
|Dates of Examination||Between 07.04.2019 (Sunday) to 12.04.2019 (Friday)|
|Declaration of Result on NTA‟s website of paper-1||By 30.04.2019|
|Declaration of Result on NTA‟s website of paper-2||By 15.05.2019|
Latest Update: 01st April 2019: Due to Parliament Election 2019 NTA has changed exam schedule. The exam will conduct the April JEE MAIN Exam 07th April 2019 to 12th April 2019.
- Exam Date: 07th April 2019 (Paper 2 ) – For B.Architect
- Exam Date: 08, 09, 10 & 12th April 2019 ( Paper 1 ) – For B.Tech / B.E
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility Criteria describes various eligibility parameters which make candidate suitable for participating in JEE Main exam 2019.
- JEE Main Eligibility Criteria Must be shared by all the candidates who want to take part in JEE Main Exam 2019.
- Eligibility Criteria may differ as per categories. (Different categories have different eligibility criteria).
- It involves candidates maximum age limit, no of attempts allowed, percentile required, subjects cleared in intermediate exams (12th class).
- Students who have cleared 12th Board in 2018 and all those students who are appearing for 12th in 2019 are also eligible.
- Students must have cleared Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry in their 12th Board.
- Aspirants must have been passed 12th Board from some recognized university such as CBSE.
- Students who are born on or after 1st October 1994 are eligible.
- In case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates, 5 years relaxation has been granted for appearing in the exams so if SC/ST and PWD candidates are born on or after 1st October 1989 are also eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019 exam.
- It is worthwhile to mention that, DOB will be considered final as mentioned in 10th Board Certificate.
No. of Attempts
- Candidates can appear only three times for JEE Main Exams so if you have already appeared for the JEE Main Exams thrice before then you are not eligible for JEE Main Exam 2019 otherwise you are eligible for JEE Main exam 2019.
- JEE Advanced exam can be attempted only twice in consecutive years.
- CBSE has not defined minimum marks criteria, you needed to score in order to appear for JEE Main exam 2019.
- However, it has been learned that, for taking admission in IITs, NITs, and some other colleges aspirants must secure at least 75% Marks (while 65% for SC/ST candidates) to be in top 20 percentile.
- Candidates who want to appear for JEE Main exam 2019 must hold Aadhar Card.
- Those candidates who hail from the state Assam and doesn’t have Aadhar Card can also mention their Passport Number, Bank Account Number or any other valid Identity proof.
- All those who hold diploma certificate can also appear for JEE Main exam 2019 but will only be considered for taking admission in IITs.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
JEE Main Entrance exam is conducted every year by CBSE to take admission in various top engineering colleges in India. It is considered as one of the top-notch exams for taking admissions into colleges. In a way, it holds the gateway to your professional life and hence influences the rest of your lives.
It is no hidden fact that this is the most famous entrance exam held for taking admission into B.tech and B.Arch in the country. The marks obtained in JEE Main will be considered for various top notch colleges in the country such as IITs, NITs, IIITs etc. Getting good marks at this national level entrance exam is one of the goals of every aspirant.
If you are also among those aspirants who want to score good marks in this competitive exam then it’s important to know the various details such as Exam pattern such as No. of Questions asked, topics covered, marks of each question, mark scheme syllabus etc.
JEE Main Exam 2019 Pattern
It is known that There will be two papers in the JEE Main Examination. Paper I for taking admission in B.tech and Paper II for taking admission in B.Arch.
Paper I comprises of 90 Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from different topics.
Paper II consists of total of 82 Questions – 30 Questions for Mathematics and 50 Questions from Aptitude Test and 2 Question from Drawing test.
FOR JEE MAIN PAPER I
- PAPER I will take place for taking admission into B.tech/B.Arch.
- PAPER I Exam will take place in both online as well as offline mode. You can opt for a preferred mode of examination while filling up the application form.
- Exam paper will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, and
- The question paper will be drafted from 30 questions for each subject. Total questions will be 90 Questions.
- Paper I carries 360 Marks.
- The duration of the Paper I exam will be of 3 hours.
- You will be awarded 4 Marks for each correct question while 1 Marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
FOR JEE MAIN PAPER II
- PAPER II will take place for taking admission into Arch/B.Planning.
- The examination will take place in offline mode.
- Part I will comprise of 30 Questions will be asked from Mathematics while 50 Questions will be from Aptitude and 2 Questions from drawing test (Part II).
- Paper II carries a total of 390 Marks.
- The duration of the Paper II exam will be 3 hours.
- You will be awarded 4 Marks for each correct question while 1 Marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
JEE Main Admit Card 2019: – 20/03/2019 Available to Download
All those aspirants who want to take admission in prestigious engineering colleges of the country such as IITs, NITs, and other Governments colleges have to consider few things in mind. Few important to note such as when Admit JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be available for JEE Main 2019 Exams.
It has been learned from the authority that JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be made available by the Concerned Authority on 1st week of March 2019. It is worthwhile to note that JEE Main Exams been conducted by NTA (authoritative body for conducting exams).
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be issued to only those candidates who registered successfully while registration. Only those eligible candidates can Download the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card which shall get released by 3rd week of March 2019.
Aspirants looking to take admission into such top-notch technical colleges should take heed of all the notices been released by NTA. To know all the details regarding JEE Main 2019 Admit Card read it further.
Important Dates JEE Main Admit Card 2019
|Availability of JEE Main 2019 Admit Card||2nd week of March 2019|
|Pen & Paper Based Test Date for Offline Exam||07/04/2019 to 12/04/2019|
|Computer Based Test Date (Online Exam)||07/04/2019 to 12/04/2019|
Further Details: JEE Main Admit Card 2019
- JEE Main Admit Card 2019 will only be allotted to those successful candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria.
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be made available by the concerned authority CBSE on 2ndweek of March 2019.
- Admit card is the document which lets you allow to give exams. Without Admit Card No one can appear for Exams.
- You can download the admit card from the official website. Please note that Admit Card will be released via online only.
- You must download the Admit card and take printouts once available on the official website.
- In case of any error or discrepancies, You can always contact the concerned body for rectification.
- It may seem not important but please carry your Admit Card on Examination Day.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card: What’s Inside?
- Name: As you filled while registration process.
- DOB: As per your Matriculation certificate details.
- Exam Venue: Where you will have to go for appearing Exam.
- Date & Timings
- Instructions need to abide by examination.
Download JEE Main Admit Card 2019: Know how to download
- Visit the official link ( are available) on to the official website responsible for conducting Exams.
- On Clicking the official link you will be navigated to a new window. (Relax!)
- You will see the options to download the admit card (Click on any one official link).
- Enter the mandatory fields.
It can download by
Through Application Number and Password
Through Application Number and Date of Birth
- Once you enter the details, click on ‘Login Button’.
- A new window should open on the screen.
- Enter your Roll No.
- Finally, JEE Main Admit Card 2019 will be displayed.
- Download the Admit Card and take the printouts of Admit Card and keep it until the day of examination.
- Carry your Admit Card in the examination hall, otherwise, invigilator won’t allow appearing for the exam.
Few Points to Remember
- Candidate will not be allowed to give exams without Admit Card.
- It is essential to carry one photo ID proof along with Admit Card.
- No electronic devices, gadgets will be permitted during the examination.
- Keep Safe JEE Admit Card for further verification Process.
If you wish to know any more details or say something then fill free to do a query through the below comments.
Latest Updates: JEE Main Answer Official Answer Key released by the NTA. Download Jee Main Answer key 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
JEE Main Exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) the main organ of conducting authority. The sole purpose of JEE Main entrance exam which is a national level entrance exam conducted for administering admission into technical courses is offered by the various NITs, IITs & IITs and other reputed government and non-government engineering institutions.
I am going to cover the main header such as JEE Main 2019 Answer Key. It is worthwhile to mention that JEE Main 2019 Answer Key will be available through an online process only. Know how to get JEE Main 2019 Answer Key.
Procedure to get JEE Main 2019 Answer Key of Paper II
- Enter your application number given during the time of registration, date of birth as per matriculation and security pin.
- Click on view answer keys button.
- Now select booklet set of paper whose answer key you want to see.
- Now Click on the view button
- Finally, you will be able to see the Answer Key.
Steps to challenge JEE Main 2019 Answer Key of Paper II
- If you are like me who are not convinced by any of the answers provided in the question paper, then you can also challenge it by simply clicking on challenge answer key button
- For challenging Answer Key you will have to mention your question booklet number and question number by selecting it.
- After opting the correct booklet number and question number the answer to that mentioned question as per the answer key should appear automatically in the next box.
- Now enter your claimed answer and click on add to claims list button
- Once you have successfully added your answer to claims list now finally click on save button.
Note: It is cautionary points to remember that all claimed answer will be submitted at one click only.
How to challenge JEE Main official answer key 2019
- Log in using your Application Number given in admit card, Date of birth as per matriculation and security pin displayed in the box.
- Fill the online application form provided for challenging the official answer key
- JEE Main Official Answer Key 2019 of Paper I has been released by CBSE from April 18 to 22, 2019 and of paper II on May 12. The official answer key of JEE Main 2019 contains correct answers to the questions asked in the JEE Main question papers.
- Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1,000 per question for challenging the answer key. The fee can be Paid by credit/debit card, PayTM or SBI Buddy. This fee is non-refundable.
- CBSE’s decision against the challenges will be final and nobody’s any claim or communication regarding this will be entertained.
- The official answer key of JEE Main 2019 will contain correct answers to the questions asked in the JEE Main 2019 question papers.
JEE Main Answer key Challenge Date: 14/04/2019 to 16/04/2019 11:50 PM
|Subject||Total Number of questions||Marks per question|
Category Wise Cut Off 2016
JEE Main 2016 Cutoff for NITs
|Institute Name||Closing Rank|
|National Institute of Technology, Delhi||17429|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||27275|
|National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala||27323|
|National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh||64609|
|National Institute of Technology, Manipur||459666|
JEE Main 2016 Cutoff for IITs:
|Institute Name||Closing Rank|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirapalli||21144|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota, Rajasthan||27240|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara, Gujarat||23662|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology(IIIT) Kilohrad, Sonepat, Haryana||28667|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune||28620|
JEE Main 2016 Cutoff for GFTIs:
|Institute Name||Closing Rank|
|Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management, Ahmadabad||34156|
|School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh||4369|
|J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh||35185|
|Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishawavidyalaya, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh||53965|
|Mizoram University, Aizawl||52602|
JEE Main 2019 Counseling Process and Colleges Selection
JEE Main Entrance exam is conducted every year by CBSE to take admission in various top engineering colleges in India. It is considered as one of the top-notch exams for taking admissions into colleges. In a way, it holds the gateway to your professional life and hence influences rest of your lives.
JEE Main counseling process 2019 will start after the commencement of both online and offline exams. You will be invited to participate on the basis of your rank in JEE Merit List 2019. Going with expectation JEE Main 2019 Counselling will start in the month of July 2019. For your information, JoSAA is the concerned authority who conducts the Counselling process.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT JEE Main Counselling 2019
- JoSAA is the authority who will conduct JEE Main Counselling 2019 as well as JEE Advanced counseling 2019.
- JEE Main Counselling will be held for taking admission into various colleges of IITs, NITs, and other government colleges.
- It is worthwhile to mention that candidates will be invited for JEE Main Counselling 2019 on the basis of normalized score obtained in the exams.
- The JEE Main Counseling is expected to start from the first week of July 2019.
- JEE Main Counseling involves four rounds where the first three rounds will be handled by NAT.
- Please note that all the JEE Main Counseling process will be conducted online only.
IMPORTANT STEPS INVOLVED IN JEE Main Counselling 2019
All Official update Get through NTA JEE Main 2019
- Go to the link (link will be provided soon) and find out the counseling 2019 link (link will be provided soon) and once you click on the link, Enter JEE Main 2019 Roll No and Password.
- After entering your details, click on the login button and kindly go through the instructions carefully.
- Post-reading instructions click on “I agree” button.
- NTA registration form will be displayed and fill out all details on the form.
- Check the declaration and final submission.
- Before final submission check, all the details entered carefully.
Seat Booking by Online Choice Filling
- Select choice available button and choose college, name and it’s the course you apply for.
- Now click on Choice Filling and locking option where you need to select your preference college and programme.
Tip: Select the maximum number of choices available.
- You will have the option to edit/delete/change the choices you have opted.
- Lock your choices before the deadline date for locking the choice date.
Note: Choices won’t be changed post lock date.
- It is worthwhile to note that you will get the opportunity to lock your choices after each round of JEE Main Counseling 2019.
JoSAA the seat allotment and Counselling authority will consider various factors while allocating seats to candidates based on his/her choice of preference.
- All India Rank in JEE Main 2019.
- Candidates category (Unreserved/SC/ST/OBC).
- As per the choice filled up by candidates for preferred colleges.
- Availability of Seats for which candidates are eligible.
Note: Candidates will communicate through registered email ID and by SMS on registered Mobile No.
Tip: Don’t forget to download the Seat Allotment letter.
Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee
- Eligible candidates will have to pay the Seat Acceptance fee once they secure a seat.
- Fee Payment will be done by e-Challan/ SBI net banking.
- Once you complete the fee payment procedure, you will be given a provisional admission letter.
Report to the allotted college/Institution
The final steps in JEE Main Counselling 2019, report to the allotted college with relevant documents to support your validity.
Tip: Please carry your original certificates and documents.
Necessary Documents for JEE Main Counselling 2019.
- Class XII Marksheet.
- Category certificate (If applicable).
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Few Passport Size Photo (Preferably same as you used while registration).
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card.
- Proof of Seat Acceptance Fee payment.
If you have any query then you can ask through the comment, We on this web page provides you all updated information.