Polytechnic course is specially designed for those students who want to pursue their career in the technical field but doesn’t have enough finances to support it.
Such students who want to get a job quickly after completing their study should consider doing the polytechnic course.
Polytechnic is a diploma course in any technical field after completing the 10th or 12th.
Through this article, we are going to cover polytechnic course details, Eligibility, Admission Process, Job Opportunites after completing the Polytechnic course.
Polytechnic Course Details
Polytechnic course is a diploma course done in different technical fields. If you want to join the technical sectors quickly then doing the polytechnic course can be a good option.
Various Polytechnic Institution offers a wide range of polytechnic courses in various disciplines.
Polytechnic courses are popular especially because of the lucrative job opportunity it provides. You can complete polytechnic courses after the 10th or 12th class. Further, you can do B.Tech or B.Arch through lateral entry.
You can find polytechnic colleges in every state that shows the popularity of the course.
There are two different types of colleges based on ownership.
- Government Colleges
- Private/Self-financed Colleges
Polytechnic Course Eligibility
If you are interested to get admission into the polytechnic course then you should know the eligibility of the course.
- The minimum qualification for taking admission into the polytechnic course is to have a minimum of 10th (SSC) passed with a minimum of 35% in science and maths.
- 12th Passed students are also eligible for taking admission into the polytechnic course.
Polytechnic Course: Admission Process
Colleges that offer the polytechnic course conduct Entrance Exam for taking admission.
Based on the performance of the Entrance Exam, Merit List will be released.
Counseling will be scheduled for all the qualified candidates, Admission will be done based on choices/preferences filled.
Further, students can take admission into the second year of B.E or B.Tech through lateral entry after completing the diploma course.
Admission through lateral entry vary from colleges to colleges, some college considers your marks scored in diploma while other colleges conduct entrance exam to test your knowledge.
Polytechnic Course Duration
Polytechnic colleges offer various technical and non-technical diploma courses. These courses usually take 3 years to complete while some of the courses can be completed in 2 years.
You should look for the exact course to know about it in detail.
Polytechnic Course Fee
Polytechnic courses offered by various Government and Private Colleges charge differently. Usually, the polytechnic course fee is much lower than B.Tech or B.E.
Government colleges charge affordable Rs. 5,000 – Rs. 10,000 per year while Self Financed/Polytechnic colleges charge Rs. 15,000-40,000 per year.
You can go through the official website of college to get exact polytechnic course fee details. You can also comment below with the college name to get the polytechnic course fee details.
Polytechnic Course Specialization
Polytechnic course is offered in various disciplines such as Computer, Automobiles, Electrical, Electronics and Communication.
Before opting for any specialization (field), you should know in detail about the course structure, subjects to be studied, job opportunity after completing polytechnic.
Some of the popular Polytechnic Course Specialization are:
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering
- Diploma in Civil engineering
- Diploma in Automobile engineering
- Diploma in Packaging Technology
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and communication engineering
- Diploma in Applied Electronics and instrumentation
- Diploma in Computer engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Mining engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgical engineering
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Chemical engineering
- Diploma in Chemical engineering sugar
- Diploma in Chemical engineering oil
- Diploma in Chemical engineering in Petrochemicals
- Diploma in Chemical engineering in plastic and polymers
- Diploma in Ceramic technology
- Diploma in Leather technology
- Diploma in Printing technology
- Diploma in Footwear technology
Top Polytechnic Colleges in India
While you take admission into the polytechnic course, you should be quite aware that some of the colleges provide quality education than rest.
Choosing a good polytechnic college is important for getting good technical training which will help you in getting a job too.
Some of the top polytechnic colleges in India are:
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai
- S H Jondhale Polytechnic, Thane
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Polytechnic, Mumbai
- VPM Polytechnic, Thane
- Adhiparasakthi Polytechnic College, Kanchipuram
- MEI Polytechnic, Banglore
- South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, Delhi
- Government Women Polytechnic, Patna
- Government Polytechnic College, Ambikapur
In India all state have Department of Technical Education for offer admission in the Technical course in their district in their state.
State Wise Polytechnic Course Apply, Eligibility, Fee and All Details
|S.No||State Board||Check Details|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||AP PolyCET|
|2||Assam||Assam Polytechnic PAT|
|6||Haryana||Haryana DTE Polytechnic|
|7||Himachal Pradesh||HP Polytechnic|
|8||J&K State||J & K Polytechnic|
|12||Madhya Pradesh||MP PPT|
|13||Maharashtra State||Maha Polytechnic|
|18||Orissa / Odisha||Odisha Polytechnic|
|21||Tamil Nadu||TN Polytechnic|
|24||Uttar Pradesh (UP)||UP Polytechnic|
|25||West Bengal (WB)||WB Polytechnic|
|29||Delhi Polytechnic||Delhi Polytechnic|
Job Opportunity After Polytechnic Course
Most of the students opt for polytechnic courses because after the successful completion of Polytechnic course, students can get good stable jobs. Polytechnic course provides good training of technical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge of subjects.
There are lots of good companies in different sectors offer job opportunity after the polytechnic course. Many companies prefer fresh mind diplomas pass out polytechnic students. A good number of colleges provide On-Campus job placements too.
Some of the Top Companies hire polytechnic students are:
- DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
- ONGC – Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Indian Army
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limites
- NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation
- IPCL – Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
- NSSO – National Sample Survey Organization
- BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Jobs in Indian Railways
- Jobs in Public Work Departments
- Computer Firms such as TCS, Wipro, HCL, etc.
- Airlines such as Air India, Jet Airways, Indigo, etc.
- Automobile Industries such as Tata Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Mahindra, etc.
- Other Private Sector Jobs
If you have any questions regarding the Polytechnic course, comment us below.