Sainik School is one of the most prestigious and sought after schools in the country. Children and their parents always aspire to enroll their kids in Sainik school. As more students preparing for getting admission into Sainik School it makes Sainik School Entrance Exam quite competitive.
Through this writing, we will cover every detail related to Sainik School which helps your understanding of Sainik School. Some of the key points to discuss are Advantages of Studying in Sainik School, How to Join Sainik, List of All Sainik School, Other related questions to ask.
Sainik School Complete Information
Sainik Schools are spread across the country in different states. All Sainik Schools are managed by the Sainik School Society. It was established after the recommendation of the then Defense Minister of India V.K Menon in 1961. Just after the establishment year, Sainik School has a rich history of able alumni who served our country.
Management Body, Sainik School Society comes under the Defense Ministry of Country. It was established to provide a high-quality education to less privileged and backward sections of the people.
Sainik School selects only bright and capable students through conducting the All India Sainik School Entrance Exam (AISSEE). AISSEE is conducted every year in various stages of the examination. The motto of Sainik School is to prepare students for leading the defense services of the country through the National Defense Academy (NDA).
Advantages of Studying in Sainik School
While discussing with one of the Alumni of Sainik School advantages of Studying in Sainik School. We pointed below points worth mentioning.
- The purpose of Sainik school is to send students to serve the Defence Services of the country.
- In Sainik School, students will find an environment for all-round development of personality. Education is strictly based on CBSE which is a fair standard in the country. On average, all students get distinction marks, especially in board exams.
- Very keen focus is on sports and athletics. As we know sports teach us many attributes such as Team Work, Confidence, Fighting spirit which adds up to personality.
- Dramatics, Debates, and Declamations. Every student at Sainik School gets a chance to participate in Dramatics, Debates, and Declamations. Every student has to go through public speaking at least 4 times a year in front of large crowds so when you pass out, you don’t have any stage phobia which is an important quality of a leader.
- NCC is compulsory for all the cadets. By the time you pass out, you would have attended at least 10 NCC camps, and a C- Certificate. These certificates further help you in career-making. Most of the departments have reserved for NCC cadets or fewer criteria to qualify.
- Other extracurricular activities like horse riding, swimming, music, candle making, dramatics, Band are also there to learn along with Academics.
- NDA ( National defense academy). You will be offered a tour to NDA to get inspired to join Defence Service.
- With all these things in place. Sainik School students are better prepared for UPSC and SSB interviews.
Sainik School Society has prescribed the Admission Procedure to take entry into various Sainik School. For class 9th Only boys are allowed while for class 6th Girls can also take admission. For 11th Class Admission, No Entrance Exam is conducted. In rare cases, if many students leave school after 10th then students can get enrolled for a few seats.
To join Sainik School, students must qualify all stages of the examination conducted by the Sainik School Society. Such stages examination is the All India Sainik School Examination (Written), Medical Test, and Personal Interview.
Only qualified students in all stages of the examination will be allowed to take admission in Sainik School. For performing better in the Sainik School Entrance Examination, we have provided the complete details about exam preparation, etc.
List of all 33 Sainik School in India (Statewise)
|School No||State Name||School Name|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Sainik School Korukonda|
|2||Andhra Pradesh||Sainik School Kalikiri|
|3||Assam||Sainik School Goalpara|
|4||Bihar||Sainik School Nalanda|
|5||Bihar||Sainik School Gopalganj|
|6||Chhattisgarh||Sainik School Ambikapur|
|7||Gujarat||Sainik School Balachadi|
|8||Haryana||Sainik School Kunjpura|
|9||Haryana||Sainik School Rewari|
|10||Himachal Pradesh||Sainik School SujanpurTira|
|11||Jammu & Kashmir||Sainik School Nagrota|
|12||Jharkhand||Sainik School Tilaiya|
|13||Karnataka||Sainik School Bijapur|
|14||Karnataka||Sainik School Kodagu|
|15||Kerala||Sainik School Kazhakootam|
|16||Madhya Pradesh||Sainik School Rewa|
|17||Maharashtra||Sainik School Satara|
|18||Maharashtra||Sainik School Chandrapur|
|19||Manipur||Sainik School Imphal|
|20||Mizoram||Sainik School Chhingchhip|
|21||Nagaland||Sainik School Punglwa|
|22||Odisha||Sainik School Bhubaneswar|
|23||Odisha||Sainik School Sambalpur|
|24||Punjab||Sainik School Kapurthala|
|25||Rajasthan||Sainik School Chittorgarh|
|26||Rajasthan||Sainik School Jhunjhunu|
|27||Tamil Nadu||Sainik School Amaravathi Nagar|
|28||Uttarakhand||Sainik School Ghorakhal|
|29||West Bengal||Sainik School Purulia|
|30||Arunachal Pradesh||Sainik School East Siang|
|31||Uttar Pradesh||Sainik School Mainpuri|
|32||Uttar Pradesh||Sainik School Jhansi|
|33||Uttar Pradesh||Sainik School Amethi|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the monthly fee of Sainik School?
Answer: Sainik School Society has defined the Annual fee for New Admission and Renewal Fee for existing students. It is Rs. 1,34,000 for General Category students while Rs. 1,32,500 for SC/ST category students in New Admission. For more information, you can check with the Sainik School Society.
Question: How many seats are there in Sainik School?
Answer: There are 33 Sainik Schools in the country. Every Sainik school has a different seat capacity. Seat capacity ranges from 60 seats to 100 seats. It depends on which Sainik School you enrolled.
Question: Which is the best Sainik School in India?
Answer: All Sainik schools are equipped with all the facilities and environment for students. In terms of the NDA Selection List, we can say some of the Sainik Schools are doing better than the rest. List of Best Sainik School in India are:
- Sainik School Kunjpura, (Karnal Haryana)
- Sainik School Ghorakhal, (Nainital Uttrakhand)
- Sainik School Kapurthala (Panjab)
- Sainik School Tilaiya (Koderma Jharkhand)
- Sainik School Korukonda (Andhra Pradesh)
Question: Can I join Sainik School in Class 11th?
Answer: NO, You can’t join Sainik School for class 11th. In rare cases, if many students leave school after 10th then students can get enrolled for a few seats. All India Sainik School Entrance Exam is conducted only for class 6th and class 9th students.