GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), conducted jointly by IITs and IISC on a rotation basis. Seven IITs and IISC organize GATE Exam for eligible aspirants who want to take admission in various PG Courses in the country.
GATE Exam is an entrance for taking admission in popular PG courses such as M.Tech, M.E in preeminent colleges in IITs, NITs, and various others. Some can also get direct admission in Ph.D. via GATE Exams. GATE 2021 will be conducted by IIT Madras.
GATE 2021 Application Form: How to Apply
GATE 2021 Registration Process has been started from 31st August 2020. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), conducted jointly by Seven IITs and IISC on a rotation basis. Seven IITs and IISC organize GATE Exam for eligible aspirants who want to take admission in various PG Courses in the country. This year GATE is been organized by IIT Madras.
Benefits of getting a good score in GATE Exam is not only confined to getting good academic colleges for various courses such as M.Tech/PhD. GATE exam score also helps in recruitment in various govt. and private sectors related to technical fields.
Read further to know complete details about GATE 2021 Registration and Application Form.
GATE 2021 Application Form Details: Steps to Apply
- GATE 2021 Application Form is available online.
- Aspirants can register online.
- While registration Enter required details correctly.
- Fill up the required field in the application form and upload images of scanned photographs, left thumb impression, and other certificates.
- International Candidates can also apply.
- Valid Passport is needed for Internation students while applying.
- GATE 2019 Exams will be conducted in other countries also.
GATE Apply Fee Details
Candidates can pay the fee by NetBanking/ Debit Card in online mode or e-Challand issued by Bank in offline mode.
Please note the fee details below:
|SC/ST & PWD||Rs. 750|
|All other applicants||Rs. 1500|
|International applicants||US $50 (50 Dollar)|
Note: No GATE 2021 Application Form will be considered without the fee payment.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2021
Age, Qualification, Nationality etc. All update at https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), conducted jointly by IITs and IISC Banglore on a rotation basis. Seven IITs and IISC organize GATE Exam for eligible aspirants who want to take admission in various PG Courses in the country.
GATE 2021, be conducted by IIT Madras. Those who want to appear for this Exam, check their eligibility before applying.
Course Duration and Eligibility update
|Qualifying degree||Qualifying degree/examination||Description of eligible applicants||Year of qualifying cannot be later than|
|M.Sc/ M.A/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the system Sc./ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2021|
|B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in Eng./ tech. (4 year after 12th or 3 years of diploma in eng./tech.) & appearing applicants infinal year of such program||Currently in final year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc)||Post-B.Sc integrated master’s degree course in eng./ technology (4th-year program)||Currently in 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2023|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech or dual degree (after diploma or 12th)||Integrated master’s degree program or dual degree program in Eng./ tech. (5 years program)||Currently in 4th/ 5thyear or already completed||2021|
|B.Sc (Research)/ B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Sc. (Post-diploma/4 years after 12th)||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.E-M.S||Integrated M.Sc or 5 years integrated B.S-M.S program||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2021|
|Professional society examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch)||B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Tech equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g, AIME by Institution of eng.- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Documents Required to Support Eligibility:
- Certificate/Provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional
certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute or society.
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern: Know in detail
GATE is an examination conducted jointly by IISC Banglore and Seven IITs on account of National Coordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
Good score in GATE Exams lets candidates get admission in various PG Courses as well as direct entry to PhD in technical fields. GATE Scorecard also helps in the recruitment of candidates in various Govt. and private sector related to technical fields.
Note: Candidate’s GATE Scorecard will be valid for 3 years.
In order to get a good score in GATE Examination, Candidate must know every detail about GATE Exam pattern. Please read further to know about the GATE 2021 Exam Pattern.
GATE Exam Pattern
- GATE is a national level exam conducted for taking admission in higher education courses for PG and PhD in technical fields such as M.Tech/M.E.
- GATE 2021 will conduct an examination for a total of 23 subjects (Papers). All papers will be done in online mode only.
- A candidate can attempt only one paper out of total of 23 papers.
- GATE 2021 which will be conducted on 05th, 6th & 7th Feb 2021 and 12th, 13th & 14th Feb 2021 of 3 hours duration.
- A total of 65 Questions will be asked for the maximum 100 marks allotted.
- Type of Questions: The question Paper will be composed of Numerical Answered Type (NAT) Questions which can be answered by using virtual keypads and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
- Common Section: General Aptitude Questions will be common for all papers.
- Added Section: Each year though we see minor changes but still, it’s important to note that this year Atmospheric and Ocean Science has been added to XE paper.
- Marking System: Numerical Answered Type (NAT) and MCQ will carry either 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- Negative Marking: There shall be No negative marking for Numerical Answered Type (NAT) Questions while candidates will be penalized 1/3 marks for each 1 mark questions and 2/3 marks for each 2 marks questions answered incorrectly.
List of all 2021 GATE Papers
|Paper Name||Paper Code|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
Note: XE (Engineering Science) and XL (Life Science) are of general nature with certain sections.
GATE 2021 Syllabus: Complete Syllabus (Updated)
GATE is an examination conducted jointly by IISC Banglore and Seven IITs on account of National Coordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
Good score in GATE Exams lets candidate get admission in various PG Courses as well as direct entry to PhD in technical fields. GATE Score card also helps in the recruitment of candidates in various Govt. and private sector related to technical fields.
Candidate must have good knowledge of GATE Syllabus to do well on the exam. GATE Exam paper is completely based on the syllabus so it’s the vital and often first step to know the entire GATE Syllabus. Please read further to know GATE Syllabus.
GATE 2021 Exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- GATE Exam paper consists of a total of 65 Questions with an allotted duration of 3 hours.
- Exam Paper will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
- Complete Paper will be bifurcated into two sections- Numerical Answers Type Questions (NATs) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- There shall be no penalization of negative marks for NAT Questions but the candidate will be penalized with 1/3 marks for 1 marks questions while 2/3 marks for 2 marks questions.
GATE Syllabus 2021 (Updated)
GATE 2021 will conducts exams involves in 23 subjects (also called as papers).
NOTE: All papers will have common papers to test aptitude as well as questions from core subjects.
GENERAL APTITUDE QUESTIONS
Those questions are asked to test the verbal as well as the analytical ability of the candidates.
Verbal Ability: English grammar, verbal analogies, word groups,
instructions, sentence completion, critical reasoning, and verbal deduction.
Numerical Ability: Numerical computation, numerical estimation, numerical reasoning and data
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Aerospace Engineering
Please note that each of the subjects falls under Aerospace Engineering, Question Papers will be bifurcated into two categories- Core Topics (around 90% questions included), Special Topics (around 10% questions included).
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Agricultural Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Agricultural Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Architecture and Planning
Click here to get full syllabus of Architecture and Planning
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Biotechnology
Click here to get full syllabus of Biotechnology
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Civil Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Civil Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Chemical Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Chemical Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Computer Science and Information Technology
Click here to get full syllabus in Computer Science and Information Technology
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Chemistry
Click here to get full syllabus of Chemistry
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus in Electronics and Communication Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus in Electrical Engineering
GATE 2019 Syllabus for Ecology and Evolution
Click here to get full syllabus of Ecology and Evolution
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Geology and Geophysics
Click here to get full syllabus of Geology and Geophysics
GATE 2021Syllabus for Instrumentation Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Instrumentation Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
Click here to get full syllabus of Mathematics
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus in Mechanical Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Mining Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Mining Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Metallurgical Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Metallurgical Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Petroleum Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus Update
Click here to get full syllabus of Petroleum Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Physics
Click here to get full syllabus of Physics
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Production and Industrial Engineering
Click here to get full syllabus of Production and Industrial Engineering
GATE 2021 Syllabus for Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
Click here to get full syllabus in Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2021 Syllabus
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Exam) is the national level entrance exam mainly conducted to test the ability of the candidate. This aims to know how much understanding candidate holds in their topics and how can they simplify problems.
GATE is an entry for candidates to get admission to PG Courses such as M.tech/ M.E as well as direct entry into PhD courses. It is no hidden fact that GATE is a highly competitive exam where lakhs of candidates appear and one should have a good understanding of subjects as well as preparation in the right direction.
TIPS for GATE Aspirants
- Understanding of Exam Pattern: Candidate must have a thorough understanding of Exam pattern. GATE is a single paper Exam having 65 Questions which carries 100 marks with allotted time duration of 3 hours. The question paper will consist of two type questions Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Ability Test (NATs). To know more about exam pattern please read GATE Exam Pattern: know in detail.
- Know Your GATE Syllabus: Usually students follow many different books and at times they started covering out topics out of the syllabus. It’s recommended that know your syllabus and strictly follow your syllabus. Try to cover all topics part of your Syllabus. If you are still puzzled about the syllabus of your exam. I recommend reading GATE 2019 Exam Syllabus: Complete Syllabus (Updated)
- Read fewer books: One major issue with most of the candidates, they get confused with lots of books and start reading almost every other topics with the different book. Stop doing such blunders. I recommend to follow Standard Book, try to minimize it one book per subject but if you feel that book insufficient to cover all topics then you can use Online Platform too.
- Devote Time and Practice: As GATE is highly competitive national level entrance exam so it demands your time and dedication. Usually, aspirants who want to prepare sincerely must devote at least 5-6 months. Though this time differs depends upon candidates understanding power, fundamental concepts, aptitude, attitude etc.
- Test Yourself: To assess your preparation, you must test yourself by giving mock tests. Once you complete one topic gives yourself time to test your ability. Join various online free Test Series if you don’t want to spend money.
GATE 2021 Admit Card: How to download
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Exam) is the national level entrance exam mainly conducted to test the ability of the candidate. This aims to know how much understanding candidate holds in their topics and how can they simplify problems. The concerned authority has released the official notification and mentioned every minutest detail such as date of online exams, availability of admit cards etc.
GATE is an entry for candidates to get admission to PG Courses such as M.tech/ M.E as well as direct entry into PhD courses. It is no hidden fact that GATE is a highly competitive exam where lakhs of candidates appear. Candidate must be completely aware of every update regarding GATE such as when Admit card will be released, official notification etc.
Admit card for GATE released. Candidate can download the admit card from 08th January 2021. Admit card contains various information about a candidate for identification of a candidate.
Candidate will have to carry printed admit card with one valid photo Identity proofs such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving License etc. Please read further to know more details about GATE 2021 Admit Card.
Important Dates: GATE 2019 Official Notification
|Availability of GATE 2019 Admit Card||8th January 2021|
|Computer Based Test Date||05, 06, 07 & 12th,13th & 14th Feb 2021|
|Announcement of Result||22 March 2021|
Further Details: GATE 2021 Admit Card
- Date and Time of the Examination
- Registration No.
- GATE Paper
- Examination Center
- Instructions to be followed
Download GATE 2021 Admit Card: Know how to download
- Visit the official website and click on the download link (Will be updated soon).
- Clicking on the link you will have to enter the mandatory fields such as your enrollment no. and password.
- Click on Hall ticket/ Admit card link
- Download and take the print out of Admit Card and keep it safely until the day of the examination.
Some Important Points
- To check the availability of Admit Card, a candidate will have to check it from the zonal GATE website.
- Candidate can download the GATE 2021 Admit Card via online only.
- Candidate can download the GATE 2021 Admit card from 8th January 2021.
- You will have to carry one valid photo identity proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Driving license along with printed copy of Admit Card.
GATE Exam 2021 Answer Key
GATE is an examination conducted jointly by Seven IITs and IISC Banglore on account of National Coordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
A good score in GATE Exams allows candidate gets admission in various PG Courses as well as direct entry to PhD in technical fields. GATE Scorecard also helps in the recruitment of candidates in various Govt. and private sector related to technical fields.
GATE Score Card Valid Duration
Note: Candidate’s secured GATE Scorecard will be valid for 3 years.
Candidates who have appeared for GATE 2021 can check their Answer Key to know their score.
IIT Madras has released the GATE 2021 Answer key on the official web portal after the commencement of the Examination. The answer key contains all the correct answers. By checking the answer key, Candidate can evaluate their result. The answer key will available in PDF format. The candidate can download it.
GATE 2021 Question Papers and Answer Keys
|Paper Name||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|AE: Aerospace Engineering||View||View|
|AG: Agricultural Engineering||View||View|
|AR: Architecture and Planning||View||View|
|BM: Biomedical Engineering||View||View|
|CE: Civil Engineering||View (CE-1)
|CH: Chemical Engineering||View||View|
|CS: Computer Science and Information Technology||View (CS-1)
|EC: Electronics and Communication Engineering||View||View|
|EE: Electrical Engineering||View||View|
|ES: Environmental Science and Engineering||View||View|
|EY: Ecology and Evolution||View||View|
|IN: Instrumentation Engineering||View||View|
|ME: Mechanical Engineering||View (ME-1)
|MN: Mining Engineering||View||View|
|MT: Metallurgical Engineering||View||View|
|PE: Petroleum Engineering||View||View|
|PI: Production and Industrial Engineering||View||View|
|TF: Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||View||View|
|XE-A: Engineering Mathematics||View||View|
|XE-B: Fluid Mechanics||View||View|
|XE-C: Materials Science||View||View|
|XE-D: Solid Mechanics||View||View|
|XE-F: Polymer Science and Engineering||View||View|
|XE-G: Food Technology||View||View|
|XE-H: Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||View||View|
|XH-C1: Humanities & Social Sciences – Economics||View||View|
|XH-C2: Humanities & Social Sciences – English||View||View|
|XH-C3: Humanities & Social Sciences – Linguistics||View||View|
|XH-C4: Humanities & Social Sciences – Philosophy||View||View|
|XH-C5: Humanities & Social Sciences – Psychology||View||View|
|XH-C6: Humanities & Social Sciences – Sociology||View||View|
|XL-U: Food Technology||View||View|
GATE Answer Key Updates
Candidates can download it by logging in using valid credential Registration ID and Password. Candidates who are unhappy with the answer key can challenge it by paying Rs 500 for each question with their explanation. Candidates have to bear in mind that payment can only be done by online mode within the laydown time.
Objection Date: 01st March 2021 to 04th March 2021
Please read further to know the official notifications related to the answer key.
GATE 2021 Answer Key Objection
Answer Key is the key containing correct answers. Candidates can check the Answer Key and match their answers and evaluates their scores. If candidates are unsatisfied with the answer key provided by the authority, can challenge it by paying Rs. 500 via online mode within the laydown time.
GATE 2021 Official Answer Key: How to check Answer Key
- Go to the official portal.
- Candidates have to find their discipline and relevant Answer Key from it.
- The Answer Key will be in PDF format and can download it.
- The candidate can match the Answer Key with the respective Question Paper.
GATE 2021 Result
IIT Madras soon going to announce the result. Aspirants who have appeared in the exam soon they will be able to check their result and cut off as well merit list which will be announced by the IIT. Aspirants must remember an important date for checking their results.
|Announcement of Result||18-Mar-21|
|Availability of Score Card||March 20 to May 31, 2021|
GATE Result 2021 Will be published at https://gate.iitb.ac.in/
Check Out Other course Admission Details