Hello Students! Are you going to take admission in Graduation (UG) and want to know about BSC ( Bachelor in Science)? Hope about the most popular graduation course done by Indian students then read further. Bachelor of Science or popularly called as B.S.C is the most common course opted by more than 125 lakh students in India each year & 95 Lakh Students takes Admission in BA.
Bachelor of Science Course Details
Through this article, we will cover the complete information of Bachelor of Science Course Details, Eligibility, Admission Process, Various subjects.
B.S.C is the three-year graduation course done in the different subjects of Science. Bachelor of Science provides you with the opportunity to study different subjects of Science i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biotechnology,
- You can opt for a subject from available options as per your interest.
- You can pursue a B.S.C course in Regular Mode only.
Bachelor of Science Course Highlights
- This course is a Graduation level course.
- Course Duration for this course is 3 years.
- Eligibility to take admission in B.S.C Course is of 10+2 or Intermediate from any Recognized Board or University.
- Admission Process depends on the colleges, some take direct admission based on inter marks while some colleges conduct interviews and merit list for admission.
- Course Fee for B.S.C Degree is variable in different colleges from 3 thousand per year to 60 thousand per year.
- Exam Mode: Most of the colleges conduct Yearly exam while some colleges have semester wise curriculum.
- Placement Opportunity: You can get placement after completing in different sectors such as Banks, Government Jobs, Colleges, Schools, Pharma company etc.
- Job Profile: Potential job profile will be a Government Employee, Publisher, Writer, Teacher, Professor, etc.
Motivational Point: To becoming Engineer and hi-level job this course will be helpful.
|Some of Candidates After passing Intermediate want to take Admission into Polytechnic course also. Polytechnic Course is designed as Vocational Course which is job oriented course.|
Eligibility Criteria for BSC course
A candidate should have completed their 10+2 or Intermediate from Recognized Board or University.
Let’s suppose if you have completed your 10+2 or intermediate in Science Stream then you are eligible for taking admission in this course.
Note: Usually you get admission in BSC Course after getting a pass in 10+2 with Science Stream in good marks then you can get admission.
For Opting Subject in the Graduation, there is need to the compulsory subject in 12th i.e. PCM, PCMB and many other terms are applied.
If you want to take admission in top colleges you should score higher in intermediate.
Bachelor of Science Courses Specialization (Subjects)
In India, the Bachelor of Science course is available to study under various specialization and subjects. Some of the popular specializations are:
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Botany
- Bachelor of Arts Science in Zoology
Duration of Course
The course duration of the Bachelor of Science ( BSC) Degree is for three years.
Most of the colleges will conduct annual exams i.e once in a year so during these three years, of course, you have to write 3 annual exams.
Although practical and theory exams will be conducted separately.
BSC course Fee Structure
If you want to study for a Bachelor of Science then you should not worry about the course fee. Usually, the course fee is very nominal.
Many Government Colleges take very little fee while some private colleges charge from 3000 per year to 50000 per year.
Admission Process in BSC
The admission process for the BSC course is easy. From many of the colleges, you can get direct admission based on your 10+2 or Intermediate Mark Sheet.
You will have to fill up the application form released by various colleges and universities on their official website.
There are two ways through which you can take admission into the BA Course.
- Merit: University invites applications from interested candidates to form admission under their colleges. After collecting application form they release Cur Off list for various courses and specialization. If you have scored within that criteria then you are eligible to take admission in that program.
- Entrance Exam: Some Colleges conduct Entrance Exams for Admission. Some of the Entrance Exams are BHU, DUET, NPAT, JNUEE, BCECE, Much more High-Rank University etc. Marks obtained in the entrance exam are considered for getting admission.
Top Colleges for BSC course (Regular)
If you are interested in taking admission in the BSC Regular course then you should know the top colleges for Bachelor Course in India. These colleges are renowned for producing excellent alumni.
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- Miranda House, Delhi.
- Madras Christian College, Chennai.
- Hindu College, Delhi.
- Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi.
- Hansraj College, Delhi.
- Stella Maris College, Chennai.
- Ramjas College, Delhi.
Important Tip for students of this course
If you are pursuing or want to pursue a Bachelor of Science Course is suggested to do some computer-related certification courses during your course.
Knowledge of Computers will helps in getting a good job. And Most of the Exam is online-based hence appearing in the examination will be most useful.